Simparica is a new parasite control product that we now have available. Here is some information about it. Contact us if you have any questions, or wonder if Simparica would be right for your dog.
What is Simparica?
- Simparica is a monthly tablet to prevent fleas and ticks in dogs
- Simparica starts killing fleas within 3 hours and keeps going strong for 35 days without losing effectiveness at the end of the month.
- Simparica provides rapid relief for pets with existing flea infestations. Even dogs with flea allergies have shown improvement with Simparica.
- Simparica also prevents and controls home infestations, killing fleas before they can lay eggs
How does Simparica Work?
Simparica is a great tasting chewable tablet given orally once a month. It travels in your dog’s blood to safely deliver persistent continuous protection against fleas and ticks from day 1 to day 35.
Why protect against fleas and ticks?
- Tick-borne diseases represent a widespread and growing public health hazard to dogs (and their human companions), causing debilitating illness and even death. It only takes one tick to spread disease, so continuous protection is critical to help reduce the risk of infection to dogs that are exposed to ticks.
- Likewise, it only takes a single “pregnant” flea to start an infestation on a dog or in a home. And although fleas are largely perceived as a mere nuisance, they too, can pose health risks to pets and humans.