Simparica Trio is a new parasite control product that combines three ingredients (sarolaner, moxidectin and pyrantel) that we have been using for quite a while. You may have seen the advertisements on TV recently. It is the first monthly chewable to protect dogs against heartworm disease, five types of ticks, fleas, roundworms and hookworms, all in one monthly chewable. Now let’s break it down…
Simparica Trio makes it simple to deliver the protection every best friend deserves.
· Protects dogs against heartworm disease, ticks & fleas, roundworms & hookworms
· Demonstrated safe for puppies as young as 8 weeks old, weighing at least 2.8 lbs
· Tasty chewable that you only need to give once a month
· FDA-approved and available with a vet’s prescription
Heartworm disease can be fatal, and it only takes one bite from an infected mosquito
· Heartworm disease is a year-round threat
· Heartworm disease has been diagnosed in all 50 states, but is especially prevalent in Florida
· Even with routine testing, it can take up to nine months after infection to detect heartworms
· Heartworm disease can be deadly
Tick and flea infestations can happen to any dog, outdoor or indoor. Ticks are responsible for transmitting at least 15 different serious diseases to dogs, including Lyme disease. Simparica Trio starts working fast, and is approved to kill five types of ticks, while other chewable brands are only approved to kill four.
1. Gulf Coast Tick
2. Deer Tick
3. American Dog Tick
4. Lone Star Tick
5. Brown Dog Tick
Simparica Trio kills fleas before they can even lay eggs. In studies it started killing within four hours, and achieved 100% efficacy in eight hours.
· Roundworms and hookworms can hurt your dog
· Intestinal parasites can grow throughout the intestines
· Symptoms include stomach swelling, vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration
· Infected dogs can contaminate the home, putting other pets and people at risk
· Puppies are more commonly infected
Simparica Trio is not the best product for every dog, but it is a good choice for most dogs who need tick protection in addition to fleas, heartworms and intestinal parasites.